Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Muse: An Introduction to New Online Bookstore!



Hello everyone! I apologize in advance because today’s post is more suitable for readers in Indonesia and Singapore. :) Today, I’m going to talk about the new IT place to get imported books, which is….

*drum rolls*

OPENTROLLEY!

OpenTrolley is a new online bookstore that is originally based on Singapore. They are quite new, especially in Indonesia. They only serve Indonesia and Singapore for the time being, but I’m hoping that soon they can serve other countries in Southeast Asia. :)

I think it's a great new alternative for imported book readers in Indonesia and Singapore, alongside Book Depository and Amazon. You can check out their website for Indonesian readers HERE and for Singaporean readers HERE..

And now, reasons why I’m so happy about this new online bookstore:

1. So many books to choose from! Every John Green’s books are available to buy, even the fairly new John Green box set! YAY! ♥ 
2. Quick delivery! Compared to orders from Book Depository which take almost forever to arrive to my house, 8-14 working days to arrive is totally fine for me. No more worries that my books may have been lost in the Pacific Ocean. :P 
3. Option to transfer via bank! Since I don’t have credit card yet, it’s way easier for me to transfer via my bank account. :) 
4. The neat packaging! I haven’t tried it yet, but everyone I know says that the packaging is very neat, with bubble sheet wrapper and carton box. Me loving it. ♥ 
5. Yay, NEW bookstore! ASDFGHJKLF. New bookstore is enough reason to be happy, right? :P

Sadly, every wonderful thing is bound to have some flaws:

1. The price. It’s a bit more expensive compared to BD or Amazon. T.T There’s no discount or book bargain, OMG WHY. 
2. They don’t have other editions of books available, US version only. I’m collecting UK version of Sarah Dessen’s books, but they only have the US version. I know that this is such a petty thing, but what I love about BD is that there are so many versions for one title. >.<



I haven’t bought anything there since I don’t know what to order yet, but I’m thinking of ordering Just One Day by Gayle Forman or Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral. I can borrow Just One Day from someone else but I want to own the book. >.< Chopsticks, ugh, I’ve wanted that book since forever. I’m not sure whether I’m going to love the story as much as I love the cover though. O.O

Dilemma hehe. What do you guys think? Which one should I buy first? :)

I’m going to update this post as soon as I placed my order and received my package, so stay tune! Next Monday I’m going to post my movie review of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, so don’t forget to stop by next week! Happy Monday and as always, thank you for reading Monday Muse. :)

10 comments:

  1. Yay, you're totally right--new bookstores are ALWAYS a great thing to be happy about. :D Though, since I live in the US, I don't think I'll be using opentrolley very much. However, I hope you do! It sounds super cool (even without the BD/Amazon discount) and fast shipping = awesome! Thanks for sharing, Hilda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww lucky international people. I sometimes get jealous of people who live out of the US cause they sometimes get such amazing stuff! Prettier book covers for example.....XD But this is such an amazing website! Why can't US have these awesomeness. Share some with us, Hilda! XD Neat packing with bubble-wrap? Count me in!

    I think you should get Just One Day. Just because I really want to see what you think about it and because it sounds so good. But Chopsticks seem interesting as well. I flipped through it once at the library, but I'm not sure what it's about...But I'm looking forward to your Perks movie review! I posted mine already so I hope to your opinions. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for new places to buy books! I think you should buy Just One Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that retailers are thinking outside the box and there is some more competition for Amazon and BD. Hopefully when this store gets going they'll be able to drop their prices and will become more accessible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New book stores, yeeeey! I'm happy that you've found a new place to order your books from :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! That sucks that they only have U.S. copies, but I guess it is a good way to get some U.S. books you might not otherwise find or be able to get as quick.

    I don't know what you should order. I need to read both of those books still. I do love Gayle Forman though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I know this one, but I still prefer to buy books from BD instead from Opentrolley because of the price, it's so expensive! ;A;
    I think I'll wait for your review of Opentrolley once you get your package ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm glad you've got another website to purchase your books from Hilda, I'm such an impatient person, so simply hate having to stalk the postman all the time! But that sucks about only being able to get certain editions :( I read Just One Day recently and absolutely loved it, so I really hope you decide to buy that book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've probably already placed your order, but if you haven't, go for Just One Day! I read it recently and loved it. :)

    And a new bookstore is reason enough to celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, nice stuff, glad to see your actionable blog.
    I really loved it, thank you a lot.
    Connect me to see more and how to design a nice book shop online
    Click Bookshop Website Builder Software

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing your opinion so please leave a comment! I will do my best to return the favor, and sometimes I also reply here. Please don't hesitate to share your fabulous thought with me ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...