Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Muse: {Looking For} Short Story Recommendation



Hello and happy Monday! :)

How is the beginning of your week so far, awesome people? I myself am being busy bee with enormous college assignments. My univ. department is having a theater production. We haven't yet decided between A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen, Animal Farm by George Orwell, or some other type of brilliant scenario. Which brings me to my next point...

Do you have any short story recommendation?

It doesn't have to be tailored for theater. I'm also looking for short story to rewrite in my Creative Writing class. I'm currently setting my eyes on Jhumpa Lahiri's stories, but other stories will definitely help too.

Any short story that you're read in an anthology and you really loved? Maybe from a YA author?

I'd love to hear any recommendation. Thanks in advance! *HUGS* I promise that next week's Monday Muse will be fun again. I might review Divergent (SQUEAAAAL!) or talk about other fun trends in YA community. :) HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

7 comments:

  1. HELLO THERE HILDA!!! <333 Aww I'm here enjoying the first day of spring break and you are stuck at school. I bet you are doing amazing over there with those brains of yours? Yup. ^^ Umm short story recommendation…I always loved Red Riding Hood stories so maybe a retelling? Well, that's all i've got, sorry! I can't seem to think much about short stories except maybe a letter to your past/future self? Those are always interesting. Anyways, sorry for being not much of a help. TT _ TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a Doll's House about four years ago...I should check it out again soon. I really like reading plays. :)

    Short stories...I don't really know any by YA authors. I do really like "The Yellow Wallpaper." You couldn't really act it out much, but it would be interesting to re-write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't even imagine how you would turn Animal Farm into a theatre production! I read a short story a while back called Butterface by Gwen Hayes. It's very short and cute. About a girl with a facial deformity who falls in love with one of the popular guys. It's not smartly literature but it's all I've got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read too many short stories, though I recently added Alice Munro onto my TBR. She's a short story author who has won a lot of awards, so I'm planning to check her out myself. Also, I know there's an anthology of YA authors who have written short stories, but I can't remember the name. Sarah Rees Brennan might be in it, though... Hope that helps, Hilda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read short stories all that much, so I'm no help in this area. Just though I'd drop in to say HI! It's awesome to see you blogging again. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only short stories I tend to read are novellas for series I'm enjoying, like Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor, and the ones for the Lunar Chronicles series :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks
    pengobatan untuk sembuhkan leukimia akut

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing your opinion so please leave a comment! I will do my best to return the favor, and sometimes I also reply here. Please don't hesitate to share your fabulous thought with me ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...