Monday, March 11, 2013
Monday Muse: An Introduction to New Online Bookstore!
Hello everyone! I apologize in advance because today’s post is more suitable for readers in Indonesia and Singapore. :) Today, I’m going to talk about the new IT place to get imported books, which is….
OpenTrolley is a new online bookstore that is originally based on Singapore. They are quite new, especially in Indonesia. They only serve Indonesia and Singapore for the time being, but I’m hoping that soon they can serve other countries in Southeast Asia. :)
I think it's a great new alternative for imported book readers in Indonesia and Singapore, alongside Book Depository and Amazon. You can check out their website for Indonesian readers HERE and for Singaporean readers HERE..
And now, reasons why I’m so happy about this new online bookstore:
1. So many books to choose from! Every John Green’s books are available to buy, even the fairly new John Green box set! YAY! ♥
2. Quick delivery! Compared to orders from Book Depository which take almost forever to arrive to my house, 8-14 working days to arrive is totally fine for me. No more worries that my books may have been lost in the Pacific Ocean. :P
3. Option to transfer via bank! Since I don’t have credit card yet, it’s way easier for me to transfer via my bank account. :)
4. The neat packaging! I haven’t tried it yet, but everyone I know says that the packaging is very neat, with bubble sheet wrapper and carton box. Me loving it. ♥
5. Yay, NEW bookstore! ASDFGHJKLF. New bookstore is enough reason to be happy, right? :P
Sadly, every wonderful thing is bound to have some flaws:
1. The price. It’s a bit more expensive compared to BD or Amazon. T.T There’s no discount or book bargain, OMG WHY.
2. They don’t have other editions of books available, US version only. I’m collecting UK version of Sarah Dessen’s books, but they only have the US version. I know that this is such a petty thing, but what I love about BD is that there are so many versions for one title. >.<
I haven’t bought anything there since I don’t know what to order yet, but I’m thinking of ordering Just One Day by Gayle Forman or Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral. I can borrow Just One Day from someone else but I want to own the book. >.< Chopsticks, ugh, I’ve wanted that book since forever. I’m not sure whether I’m going to love the story as much as I love the cover though. O.O
Dilemma hehe. What do you guys think? Which one should I buy first? :)
I’m going to update this post as soon as I placed my order and received my package, so stay tune! Next Monday I’m going to post my movie review of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, so don’t forget to stop by next week! Happy Monday and as always, thank you for reading Monday Muse. :)