Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Muse: Girls, I Adore You to Death (and Beyond)!


Hey there, fabulous people! First thing first: Monday Muse has a new graphic! Wohoo! Do you like it? I hope that this simple graphic can transmit how much love you can find on Monday Muse! ♥ In case you have no idea what Monday Muse is, Monday Muse is a feature in my blog where I talk about various things that spark my ever-active mind. You will never know what you can find in this feature, but the point of this feature is to lighten up your Monday! :)

In this post, I'm going to talk about YA heroines I love, and plus points why I adore them to infinity. They are heroines I don't mind being friends with, people that inspire me and make me proud of their existence. ♥ 

Note: this list is in no order of favoritism. I adore them all equally! :) 

1. Bria from Wanderlove

When I reach the mirror, I see your reflection, Bria. I don't know why you and I have such synchronized minds. We both want to travel the world so bad, yet so afraid to take the chances! I'm so proud of you when you grow up and leave your past behind. See? That's why I like contemporary YA. The possibility of something like that happens to me in the future.



2. Tris from Divergent series

Tris! Oh, how I adore you, girl! You're such a kick-ass character, a ruthless one but I absolutely admire! Tris doesn't hesitate to do the dirty job if it means to protect innocent people. I got so protective over you, and I kept mumbling something like, 'Tris is not weak! Tris is strong! Tris, you are strong!' when I read Divergent. You're one of the strongest heroine I've ever read and you never let guilt to drag you down. Awesome, Tris. Or shall we call you Six? ;)


 3. Yelena from Study trilogy

Yelena, you are beyond smart. Finding your story is like finding a gem. I stayed up all night reading Poison Study, and I devoured the last two book in two days. Your story has such complex plots and I don't think that I'm able to call all the events correctly but I remember one thing: your story is so brilliant I can't stop reading. I love your books beyond words.



 
4. Chloe from Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe

If you have read my review of Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe then lovely readers, you must know how much I adore Chloe! My love to Chloe comes as a surprise, since I never saw myself liking such bubbly character like her! I understand that people will love or hate you, Chloe. What I like about you is your never-ending cheerfulness and how you refuse to give up on your problems. You might talk too much sometimes, but I wouldn't mind being friends with you. :)



5. Hermione from Harry Potter series

Wait, can we call Harry Potter YA? Please give an exception for this one. You and your brilliant mind, Hermione. Your bravery to stand on what you think is right. Your cunning cleverness. Your ability to stay calm in difficult situation. You are simply awesome, Hermione.




 
6. Mia from If I Stay series

My eyes get teary whenever I think about this series. Mia, I know how hard things must be for you. I can't imagine how strong you must be to recover physically and mentally from the accident. Reading your story and Adam is one of the loveliest experience, one that required a box of  tissue because I cried every few pages on Where She Went. Oh, and what I wouldn't give to have your boyfriend Adam. ;)


7. Katniss from Hunger Games trilogy

Katniss, my dear Mockingjay. I think you're too passive in Mockingjay, and I can't say that you didn't disappoint me in some of your decisions. But you definitely earn my respect. You get fierce whenever it comes to safety of people you love. You're strong, smart, and a bit naive sometimes. You will always be the girl on fire, the girl who has power to start the revolution.



There are still heroines I admire: Katsa from Graceling series, Rose from Vampire Academy series, Ana from Incarnate series, Ismae from His Fair Assassin series, and looong list after... and some other non-YA heroines like Sookie from Southern Vampire series and Stephanie from Stephanie Plum series. But they would make a very long post, and I don't want you to get tired reading all my rambling.

Thank you for reading this, awesome people! I hope you all have a great Monday! :) 

Who is your favorite heroine in YA? Is there any of them in this list?

16 comments:

  1. First off, love the new graphic. It's really cute :)
    I love all the heroines you've chosen except for Chloe since I haven't read the book yet ! :)
    Great choices, Hilda ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to pick up Where She Went from the library. I thought If I Stay was okay, but not brilliant. Hoping this next book will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful graphic, Hilda! I've been trying to make one for something on my blog and I failed spectacularly. I'm just not a very visual person.
    Alyway, these are all great picks. I haven't met Bria or Chloe, but I'll definitely take your word for it, seeing how I love all the other heroines you chose.
    If I were to make this list, the first would be Georgia Mason from Newsflesh by Mira Grant, Hermione of course, Puck from The Scorpio Races, Janelle from Unraveling and so on.
    I love this post so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about Tris, or perhaps we should call her, Six =D Such a strong-minded and brave girl until I could make her as my inspiration and role model of bravery. Then Hermione of course; perfect example of bravery and brilliant head, Rose from VA, Gabi and Lia from River of Time series; how they survive in a fierce and bloody fourteenth century; non YA girl like Cat from Night Huntress series, and many more! I think I will meet some more of them soon, still many books to read ;D

    Great post Hilda! This's quite enlighten my mood in my office-desk LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many heroines I could list here but I think my most favourite would be Taylor from On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. She's spunky but also very vulnerable. I liked Katniss until Mockingjay and I would totally say Heroine as well. Oh and Penryn from Angelfall by Susan Ee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you basically named all my favorite heroines, Hilda! <3 Such a lovely post AND I completely and utterly adore your button.

    And heroines is a very nice topic! I always like strong, fighter ones. Rose is the clear definition of my favorite one. But then there are others, that while not as strong, they're still fighters, like Wanderer from The Host, Juliette from Shatter Me... And hopefully there will be more lovely ones to come in these juicy future releases <3

    Have a lovely Monday, Hilda! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilda this is such a fab feature to kick start the Monday's and I adore you're new graphic! There are so many heroine's in your list that would make it in mine such as Hermione, Bria, Mia and Tris. I would also probably add Mia from the Princess Diaries series and Mac from the Fever series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only ones I'm familiar with are Tris and Hermione but they are awesome heroines. Great post. I love your graphic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, loooooooooove! That new graphic your Monday Muse posts is so pretty and fittingly adorable! :')

    Tris has to be one of my favourite heroines of all time, next to Katniss! They're two of the most strong, resilient, and brave girls I've ever read about. I want to be them but I don't at the same time because I'd never be able to stay as tough as they were. And the more you talk about Chloe makes me convinced that she's my TWIN! Sometimes I talk too much and sometimes I'm too annoyingly cheerful (according to my sister), but I never give up either and that's my best trait! :)

    Absolutely FANTASTIC post, Hilda! I love YOUR enthusiasm, you know that? Way to brighten a holiday Monday for me! :') <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list, Hilda! I like Tris a lot too and Chloe seems like such a sweet character. I agree what you said about Katniss in Mockingjay, it was frustration to see her so passive but overall, I did like Katniss. I love heroines as a topic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, awesome, awesome list, Hilda! Tris is so my favorite YA heroine. I'm SO protective of her, it's crazy. You'd think she's my little sister or something weird like that. <3 I just love her so much. I also ADORE Mia and Hermione. They're such amazing characters. :) Thanks for sharing your list, Hilda! And I like your cute new graphic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, I love when characters come to mean so much to you! I wholeheartedly agree with those I've read and those I haven't, you've just made me desperate to pick up! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not reading this on a Monday but you've sure brightened up my Tuesday! This is such a sweet post, Hilda! I love Bria, Tris and ESPECIALLY Chloe. I agree, I love how Chloe just never gave up no matter what life threw at her.

    And your new graphic is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the new image for your feature and the theme this week is great, I love fantastic female book characters too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore this post!! <3 Strong YA girls make my day! Chloe, Tris, Hermione and Katniss- all of them are kickass in their own way!! And you make me want to read Wanderlove and the Study series as soon as I can! I found Fire Study at my local bookstore and got so excited but I didn't buy it because it was of no use cuz I couldn't find Poison Study! :-0 I need to order it soon. It sounds fabulous. With an awesome female lead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Hermione. I adore her endlessly. And Katniss too! A great list, Hilda. You have some of my favourite heroines up there. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing your opinion so please leave a comment! I will do my best to return the favor, and sometimes I also reply here. Please don't hesitate to share your fabulous thought with me ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...